Welcome Weary Taxpayers!

If you are like me, then you are fed up with wasteful government spending. This blog is dedicated to exposing and taking action when Congress spends your money and mine on projects which are concocted to enrich themselves or their friends at our expense.

This is a non-partisan site. There are pork-laden folks in Congress on both sides of the aisle. We need to expose them all and get them out of office before our nation is completely bankrupt.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Taking them at their word

Straight from a Bloomberg.com article this evening:

"In an interview aired today on ABC’s “This Week,” Obama said he wants stricter guidelines and greater transparency in spending the remaining TARP funds."

Further down in the article, we find:

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, speaking on CNN’s “Late Edition” program today, pledged to have no earmarks in the stimulus package."

Can we take them at their word? Let's hope so, but I would be willing to bet that in two months I will have a blog entry entitled "Burned by the Bureaucrats: Full of Hot Air and Empty Promises". I realize my audience may be small and my influence smaller, but I vow that it won't stop me from exposing those who lie to the American people to further their agendas.

Words do matter, and people should be held accountable for what they say (including myself).

The ball is in your court Mr. Obama and Ms. Pelosi. We will be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. Please, no offensive language.